Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

The Kasparbauer crew enjoyed a nice, relaxing Mother's Day! Randy and Quinn were out of town Thursday-Saturday (they went to Manning - Randy had some work to take care of there) so I got lots of work done here. I was so glad to see them, though, on Saturday! I went to some garage sales Saturday morning and they were waiting for me when I got back. We worked around the house and relaxed Saturday before church, then grabbed Subway afterwards and went back home. I love relaxing weekends!

My loves spoiled me Sunday! Quinn (with Daddy's help, I think) made me breakfast on Sunday and then we spent the morning playing. Quinn is almost ready to transition to one nap, but she gets SO tired! She was literally falling asleep eating her lunch. After she took her nap, we ran some errands around town and went to the PARK! We had just planned on taking her to swing. She didn't love that too much, but man, she went crazy for playing on the jungle gym. She was absolutely fearless and was climbing everywhere, going down the slides with Mommy and Daddy's help, and having a blast getting dirty. It was so much fun to watch. Sometimes she seems like such a baby to me, but times like that she is all toddler.

up close and personal!  

In other news, Randy is hard at work on Master's #2. He is getting his MBA, so he he is busy taking Accounting and Marketing. I know nothing about either of those things aside from my one semester of Accounting in high school, so I am certainly no help! He is officially an Upper Iowa Peacock. Yes, seriously.

I am winding down the school year with a lot on my mind. Next year, I will not be returning as a classroom teacher. Instead, I will be the literacy interventionist in my district's 9th grade building. I am so excited to take this step forward in my career. I knew going into teaching that I didn't want to be in the classroom forever, so this should be an excellent chance to test the waters with something new. I don't know exactly where I want my career to go (or where it wants to take me?) but I feel honored to have been selected for my new role. Perhaps most importantly, my friends and family won't have to hear me complain about the hours of checking papers every night. I will be sure to keep everyone posted about my new endeavor!


Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment