Wednesday, February 8, 2012

4 month stats

Yesterday morning we had Wes' 4-month check-up. He did wonderfully; he was so smiley and happy. He weighs 15 lbs., 3 oz (60th percentile), is 26" long (75th percentile), and has a head circumference of 16 3/4" (50th percentile). We always try to guess how much our kids will weigh before appointments. I guessed that Wes weighed 15 lbs, 4 oz., so I was very close!

Just to compare, at 4 months old Quinn weighed 14 lbs 2 oz. (also 60th percentile), was 24 1/2" long (70th percentile), and her head head circumference was 16 1/2". We always joke about how Quinn was a giant baby; looks like her brother is just as big! :-) I love our healthy babies!

We got the go-ahead to start feeding Wes solids whenever. I think we will wait for a little bit longer because he is still satisfied with just milk every 3-4 hours during the day. We started Quinn at 4 months old because she was still nursing every two hours during the day and needed a little extra something in her belly. I did, however, pick up some baby oatmeal the other day, just to have some on hand when Wes is ready. I am excited to use my new blender/food processor to make his food, too. Stay tuned for adventures in baby-feeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment