Tuesday, March 13, 2012

TWO!!!

Dear Quinn,

I can't quite believe that you are now two years old. You are growing up so fast, and you are becoming such a little lady (with a BIG personality). You love to play babies, kitchen, and soccer, do flash cards, read books, play catch, shoot hoops, play outside, go "shoppin'" with Momma, take baths, go on walks, build with blocks...so many hobbies!

Today, you weigh 29 lbs, 10 oz. (80th percentile). You have actually lost weight since your last appointment! You are 35" tall (85th percentile), and your head is 19 3/4" (65th percentile). 

Naptime and bedtime have been a bit of a struggle lately; I am not sure what is making you so sad, but you just do not want to go to sleep! I hate to have to leave you in your room to cry, but sometimes that is what we have to do. :-( You've had a rough winter with coughs and colds, but I hope the worst is over. Your little body deserves a break

You are still a very good eater, but have been declaring more and more things "ucky." You requested "cheesy eggs" for breakfast this morning, but weren't interested in your pineapple. You still love peas, corn, green beans, quesadillas, bananas, oatmeal, peanut butter, dried fruit, apples, yogurt, cheese, "sammiches," and pretty much anything! Special treats that you really love are ice cream and pizza.

You are becoming such a good talker. I love how you can string sentences together and carry on conversations with us. You have such a sweet, vibrant personality, and you make me smile every day. You know tons of letters, shapes, and colors, animals and their sounds, can sing many songs, and are counting higher and higher every day.

Tantrums are becoming more and more frequent. While I know that is part of being two years old, I wish I could make you happy all the time. I hate to see you sad and mad! You still love to snuggle, especially in the mornings.

Wes is your little buddy. You are so good about bringing him blankets, pacis, books to read, and pajamas. His eyes just light up when you are around. You two will be making mischief together in no time!

Mommy is having a little bit of a hard time seeing you grow up. In church the other day, you were watching some little girls dance, and I realized that you will be one of those little girls in just a few years. At your birthday party, you were examining your new dollhouse with such scrutiny and attention to detail. Both of these moments made me cry. I still remember wanting to meet you so badly before you were born. I couldn't wait to snuggle you in my arms, rock you to sleep, and dress you in beautiful clothes. Neither your daddy nor I could ever imagined how much you would rock our world and completely change what we thought love was. Seeing you sad or upset breaks my heart, and seeing you master a new skill or beam with happiness makes me such a proud momma.

So happy birthday, angel! Keep on running and jumping and dancing. I promise to read you thousands of stories this year, kiss you as many times as I can, and tell you I love you every single day. You have a very special place in my heart, sweet girl. I am learning to be a momma of a "big kid" right along with you, and we are kind of figuring things out as we go. I see so much of myself in you: your wispy blonde hair, your cheesy smile, your stubborn streak, and of course, your sweet tooth.

Happy birthday, baby!

Always dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment