Saturday, May 15, 2010

20 things...

I am feeling open today! So...20 things you may or may not have known about  me.

1. I think 8th graders are hilarious. Remember when you were 14? I laugh out loud every single day. I love the fact that most people would hate my job.
2. Growing up with two teacher-parents, I swore to myself I'd never be a teacher. Huh.
3. Peanut butter = amazing. I've been known to go through a family-sized jar of Natural Skippy on my own in a week. Trigger food, anyone?
4. Favorite colors = black and kelly green. I'd prefer to only wear those two colors, but I suppose variety is the spice of life.
5. I hate wearing jeans. I don't like how they look on me and I think they are wicked uncomfortable. I prefer to wear dress clothes or yoga pants.
6. I hate parking cars. For some reason, it's really hard for me. Also, I'm terrible at it. Huh.
7. I vacillate between being incredibly messy (see purse, closet, other private places) and obsessed with neatness (see classroom on a good day, or house when I've got the energy). I don't love to clean but I love to pick up!
8. I try not to end sentences with prepositions. See #7 for grievous mistake.
9. I still remember most of my Spanish verbs!
10. I don't love to travel. I think I mostly hate un/packing, so when I travel I'm either still stressed from packing or irritated about having to unpack in the near future.
11. My least favorite body parts are my legs. I have never been a fan of them. This is why I wear high heels to work most days.
12. I eat a yogurt, a piece of fruit, and something "extra" every day for lunch. This has been a pattern for about 4 years now.
13. My husband was not even kind of interested in me when we first met (reconnected, rather). He told me once that he thought I wore too much makeup, kind of like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show. Possibly true.

I was the pursuer. It took me several months to get him convinced, but here we are!
14. Whenever I carry cash I feel like I have to spend it right away. I am glad for debit cards!
15. I do not like wearing socks. The only times I wear socks are if I work out or if I am around the house in the winter or at my parents' house, which is a constant 45 degrees year-round. Exaggerating, but not by much. Love you, Cathy and Jeff!
16. I am moody and introverted like my dad. I inherit my love of naps and personal space from him.
17. I love everything having to do with reading. Before Quinn was born, I read 3-4 books per week. I read anything and everything and love every second of it. I must have a book with me at all times.
18. I wear size 11 shoes. I think my long feet are elegant and look great in shoes, but it is incredibly hard to find shoes in regular stores. Hello, Zappos!
19. I always knew I wanted to be a wife and mom, even though some of the choices I made earlier in life might not have reflected that.
20. My husband and I are BFF. We do almost everything together and love every second of it. We are wildly different and eerily similar at the same time. Somehow, it all works. We have a million inside jokes and crack each other up constantly. We also understand almost nothing about each other's jobs. 


What are 20 interesting things about you, friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment