Friday, November 11, 2011

Dear Baby W...

This is a big weekend for you, buddy! Tomorrow night is your baptism. There are lots of people coming to see you on your special day, including your great-grandma (my grandmother), whom you will meet for the first time. I am so excited for you on this special day. To have you baptized into our church means a lot to us; not even two years ago, I (Momma) spent a whole school year preparing to join the church. Right after I did, your big sister was baptized. It is such a special, sacred time, and though you won't remember it, a lot of people will be praying for you. Even though I might get overwhelmed with details sometimes, I know that it won't really matter if the frosting on your cupcakes isn't the perfect shade of green, or if you scream during the entire ceremony, or if no one knows you are a boy because you are wearing an heirloom gown. What matters is that you are a child of God, perfect in every way!

On Monday, you get to go to a full day of day care for the first time! I have to admit that I am more than a little bit sad about that. I would never say that the last seven weeks at home have been easy, but I will miss you like crazy. I just put you in your swing after a marathon rocking chair session upstairs. You are such a sweet boy, and it is hard to think that I will be apart from you for eight hours every day! Other than the few hours you sleep at night and a few random errands I've gone on, you and I have been stuck like glue. I secretly love knowing how much you need me and that I am your favorite. Sure, there are times when only your daddy can get you to go to sleep, but there is just something about a momma and her baby, especially when the baby is as little as you. You know my voice and my smell, and I love the way you burrow your little face into my neck. When 3:15 comes on Monday, please know that I will buzz over to pick you up as fast as I can. I miss you already!

I love you, Wesley, my second-born, my first boy, the sweet child I held in my belly for nine months and in my arms for the past seven weeks. I know I am going to have to share you this weekend with all of those people who love you so much, and that's ok. After the party is over and everyone goes home, I will scoop you up in my arms again and hold you as tightly as I can. I love you, and you are mine.

Swaddled and swinging on your last day home with Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment