Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 = success! We had such a great holiday this year. It was extra special because it was W's first Thanksgiving! Though he didn't enjoy any yummy treats this year, I think he really enjoyed being held by all of his aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course grandparents.

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house Thursday night. It was a breeze! I don't mind traveling to our families' houses, but it was certainly nice to have a special evening at home. We kept it very low-key with soup, salads, and sandwiches. My sister Beth and I went out to the mall at 1 a.m. to score some Black Friday deals! I bought less than I had in years past, but that's just fine with me. She and my mom shopped most of the next day, too, while I stayed home with my kids and napped. Randy actually has a broken rib right now, so he needed help lifting the kids into their beds for naps, etc.

Saturday morning we headed home early to Randy's parents'. They hosted Thanksgiving brunch, which was a nice, new event. Both kids took marathon naps all afternoon while Randy and I visited with his family. Later that afternoon, we headed to Carroll for his extended family's combined Thanksgiving-Christmas. We didn't stay long so we could be home at a relatively normal time and still get some things organized around our house. We did get to see Santa, though! Quinn was not scared at all, but she didn't really know what to think. He came over to talk to her while she was having a snack and gave her a Tootsie roll. He also taught her to say "ho, ho, ho!" Santa also held Wes, which was pretty cute. :-)

I hope all of your Thanksgivings were wonderful and spent with family or friends. I can't believe that Christmas is only a few weeks away! Happy holidays!
Santa and Quinn. She is not quite sure what to think!

Santa and Wes
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment