Wednesday, September 12, 2012

2 1/2

Miss Quinn, today you are 2 1/2 years old!! Happy half-birthday to you, sweet girl. You are an absolute joy, and are just the nicest girl around. I get so many compliments from your teachers and babysitters about how nice and smart you are and what a good helper you are. This makes me so happy and proud of you!

At 2 1/2 you...

*are potty-trained!!!! This has been life-changing. For about two months you have been wearing big-girl panties every day. You still wear a pull-up for naps and to bed, but are very often dry when you wake up. You are so good about telling Momma and Daddy when you have to go. Keep up the good work, Princess!
*are still a good eater. You eat pretty much the same things we do. Last night you had corn, strawberries, cottage cheese, applesauce, and a turkey sloppy joe!
*drink out of a big-girl cup at meals and at preschool. We still do sippy cups on the go and in bed, and you recently picked out a new Nalgene bottle and have been toting that around as well. 
*are a great sleeper and napper. You don't always go to sleep as early as we'd like, but at least you are in bed by 7:30 each night. We can hear you singing and reading books and taking care of your babies. :-) On the weekends we can count on you to take a two-hour nap.
*love to play outside and would prefer to be on our swingset every day! You come home from preschool so, so dirty.
*are a wonderful talker. Your vocabulary grows every day! You mimic everything you hear and can even quote Toy Story (you watch it in the car on long trips).
*laugh all the time. I love it.
*can't get enough books. We read at least 10 books in the afternoons/evenings. Reading with you is such a special time for me, and I hope it continues for a long while.
*have a blast at preschool. Every day that I pick you drop whatever you are doing and greet me with a big hug. You always have a new craft to show me and have stories about what you played with. We have had a small handful of teary mornings, but for the most part you have had an AMAZING transition, and I could not be more proud of my big girl.
*are getting so tall. You still have that big baby head and baby belly, though. :-)
*are my sweet girly-girl. You love earrings, dresses, shoes, and [usually] getting your hair and nails done. I love it!
*love, love, love your baby brother. You always want to give him snuggles and kisses and make sure he is ok. We are still working on the whole sharing thing; right now you mostly just share your germs.

Well, baby girl, 6 more months until you are 3! I cannot wait to see how much you learn and grow this school year. I am so blessed to be your momma, and loving you makes me a better person each day.

Quinn after this fall's John Deere kids' "Fun Run"

No comments:

Post a Comment