Monday, April 12, 2010

Last full week at home!

This is my last full week of maternity leave!  I go back next week on Friday, April 23rd. That is exactly 6 weeks from Baby Quinn's birth! So soon!

 I have LOVED being at home for this time. Anyone who knows me well knows that I've always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. This has been a wonderful taste of that! It does seem a little silly for me to quit my job now, especially since I've worked so hard to get my masters, earn several additional teaching endorsements, etc. We'll see after #2. :-)

My maternity leave has actually been really busy! I am graduating with my masters in a few weeks and am working on the final action research project for it. There is a huge notebook and paper that accompanies this project, and I've been trying to get as much done as I can before I go back to work! Also, I'm hard at work at my 2nd job (I work from home, online, about 20 hours per week). Needless to say, lots of time spent on the computer. (YUCK!) However, I'm not letting anything get in the way of Quinn time! I really try to only work or do homework when she is snoozing or playing happily by herself or sitting contentedly in Mommy's lap. Luckily she is a very good girl so she spends lots of time doing all of those things. Now that she is a month old she loves just hanging out on a blanket, kicking her arms and legs and making noise! She also likes tummy time (sometimes) and is working hard on strengthening her neck  muscles!

I love my job. I love teaching, and I LOVE my kids. (Call me crazy. They're 14!)  So in a way I am excited to see them again and finish  out the year. I am really excited for summer, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment