Saturday, April 24, 2010

research...

The "research" part of my graduate school research is officially done! My sub for my maternity leave, Beth, did an AWESOME job of implementing my research project and helping me collect data. The timing worked out (kind of unfortunately) that I wasn't there for any of the project except for the initial surveys and introduction and the final surveys, testimonials, and reflection! GO BETH!

The project is a reading project. I wanted to see how mixed-ability book clubs/literature circles affected students' self-efficacy and their opinions of themselves as readers. They did tons of discussion, journaling, and Beth even got videos and photos of them in the process. I have tons of file folders full of journals and surveys to go through now - I'm so excited to see how it turns out!

Why am I blogging about this? Because...there is a ginormous presentation and notebook to accompany this project. Obviously I've done some of the writing beforehand, but until I know my real results, I can't do that much! The project is due two weeks from today. Better get to work! (I always welcome a break, though!!)

Have I mentioned how glad I am to be almost done with school?? WOW!! I am so glad I got my masters pretty much before kids! Craziness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment