Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to school....

I am back at school! I had mixed feelings about going back this year. It is so hard to leave Quinn every day! She does great at day care, though, so we know she is in good hands. I miss my girl so much, though!

School is going well. I am in a brand-new building and it seems like there are still a lot of kinks to work out, especially regarding technology and availability of resources. Along with kicking off the school year comes the things I don't like: the piles of papers to check (will soon be hours every night), being so exhausted after a long day, only having time to read one book per week, etc.

I do love my job, though. I love interacting with my kids every day, getting them excited about reading, and working with them to develop their writing skills as we send them off to high school. I feel like teaching is what I am meant to do and it feels very natural for me. Perhaps it is in my blood? :-) Truly, the good outweighs the bad by a large margin. I am just missing my lazy summer days....

I will try to update on our family (with pictures!) when I get some "free time" this weekend....ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment