Thursday, August 11, 2011

33 weeks!!


Wow - 33 (1/2) weeks! I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and everything is just fine. We had to wait over an hour to be seen by the doctor. I had Randy and Quinn with me, and of course he needed to get going to work and Quinn was not content to just sit and wait. He ended up walking halls with her, and she passed the time by playing with nurses, pushing in and pulling out drawers, and eating an incredible amount of snacks. It was a stressful morning of waiting, but I guess that is something you run into at an Ob-gyn. It is crazy to think that in just one month I will technically be full-term and can deliver this baby. Even though I am huge and hot and miserable, I want him to cook as long as possible and 40 weeks is definitely my goal, because obviously that is what's best for us both! I am to that point now where I just want to eat whatever I want and not worry about weight gain, but of course I still want to be healthy. I still have crazy heartburn (I did all through my pregnancy with Quinn, too) so I have to be really careful what I eat after about 6:00. I definitely cannot eat chocolate or fruit in the evening or I get really sick. I have no problem eating chocolate in the morning, though!! :-)

I officially start back at work tomorrow for a teachers' work day. I've been crazy busy with meetings and trying to get my new room/office put together. I've made a few things to decorate, and Quinn and I got some great stuff yesterday and today. I will be sure to post some pictures when it gets done! Hoping to get some more progress today/tomorrow. Moving rooms is such hard work! I hope to stay in this position (or one like it) for several years. It is so crazy to not be getting my room ready for KIDS. Normally the weeks before school would be filled with creating writing and reading folders for my students, reviewing all of their standardized test data for some preliminary grouping, and deciding what organizational tweaks I want to make to my classroom and to my routines. Since my job this year is as an interventionist, I don't have a ton of up-front work to do! I am definitely the least stressed I have ever been starting a school year. That is probably a good thing at 8 months pregnant. :-)

Oh, by the way, I purposefully left my belly picture uncropped so you could see our new fence! It was installed in June while we were in Mexico. We love it, especially for corralling Quinn. It is so nice to be able to just sit and let her play with her Cozy Coupe, her slide, balls, whatever and not have to worry about chasing after her if she scampers away (which she inevitably does!).

No comments:

Post a Comment