Thursday, December 8, 2011

2 month stats

On Wednesday morning, we loaded up the whole family and went to Wes' 2-month doctor's appointment. It had been originally scheduled closer to the time he actually turned 2 months old, but Randy wanted to be there, too, so we rescheduled a time that worked for both of us. Our pediatrician's office just built a gorgeous new facility right next to their existing building, and it was our first time there. Quinn loved playing with all of the fresh, new toys and books in the waiting room. Wes weighed in at a whopping 14 lbs, 5 oz. (90th percentile). Randy and I always try to guess what our kids weigh...we both thought Wes would be about 12 or 13 pounds. Wow, were we off! Wes is 24 1/2" long (90th percentile) and his head circumference is 16" (55th percentile). Our doctor was pleased with his progress. She was impressed with how well he holds his head up whilst on his tummy, which I thought was interesting because I never give Wes tummy time! Randy claims to, though, so I guess he is getting that practice while I am not around. :-) The doctor was also surprised that Wes still will only eat 3 oz. from a bottle, because he is such a big, healthy boy, and because most babies this age eat 4-5 oz. per feeding.

Our little man also got some vaccines! I can never stay long enough at our appointments to see our kids' vaccines (I see students bright and early every morning) but Randy assured me that Wes did fine.

I am hoping for a healthy winter with Wes; let's pray for NO ear infections!

No comments:

Post a Comment