Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

We really enjoyed our first Christmas Eve as a family of four. The flu had hit the Kaspy house hard a few days earlier, so Randy and I weren't feeling the best, but it was a great day and evening anyway. After Quinn's nap, we headed to 5:00 mass. We have never gone to St. Boniface before on Christmas Eve, but I'd heard rumors of how busy all three services are. It really was crazy; we got there at 4:30 (plenty early with two wee ones...) and the place really filled up fast. Wes slept the whole time. He has never done that, not even when he was just a few weeks old! That was a blessing to me. Quinn wasn't perfectly behaved, but she did ok. I had made chicken in the slow cooker earlier that day, so we came home to a warm, delicious-smelling house. Afterwards, the kids opened presents, we all checked out what was tucked in our stockings, and then we put Quinn to bed. I love that Quinn is old enough to get excited about new toys. Wes was a sweetie, just hanging out and taking in the scene. :-)

Ready for our church! Quinn is NOT a fan of getting pictures taken lately, so this is the best I could get!
Quinn "helping" Brother sit up.

Alphabet board

"Dolly!"
Checking out her stocking!
Momma is excited about her new FitBit!
Quinn also got a set of ABC board books that I'd won in a giveaway earlier this year. I got new boots and a necklace, but I've been wearing those for a while. Randy got a new jacket and a saw but has been putting those to good use as well. We had so much fun just hanging out in our jammies!

No comments:

Post a Comment